At Perfect Hollywood Smile, teeth cleaning are just one of the many dental services that we offer our patients. During this time, the person performing the procedure will use a number of smaller, handheld tools to deep clean your gums and teeth. When cleaning your teeth, they will remove minor stains as well as any hard and soft deposits that have accumulated on the surface of your teeth. Furthermore, you’ll be given personalized instructions for dental and oral hygiene that best suits your needs and helps to improve your overall oral health.
The Need for Professional Teeth Cleaning
How long has it been since your last professional teeth cleaning? According to the ADA (American Dental Association), it is recommended that you visit your dentist twice a year for a check-up and a professional teeth cleaning. If you had the teeth cleaned within the last six months, it is likely the next session is around the corner, and if it has been more than a year, you may schedule deep cleaning and debridement.
If you are susceptible to periodontal (gum) disease or tooth decay, then those bi-annual visits to the dentist are even more important. Many research studies have proven that there is a link between certain diseases and oral health. How do we know what our requirements are? Well, we will evaluate the gum health and the amount of plaque; and then provide you with the needed services.
If you suffer with diabetes or with heart disease, you should consider having Perfect Hollywood Smile clean your teeth more often. One of our specialists can help you determine a check-up and cleaning schedule that’s right for you. Ironically, many individuals today feel that diligently brushing and flossing at home eliminates any need for professional teeth cleaning. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The reality is that no matter how thoroughly you brush and floss when you’re at home, there is still going to be bacterial growth in those hard-to-reach areas of your mouth. If you use a standard toothbrush, these areas are literally impossible to reach. If a dentist or dental hygienist does not clean these areas, that bacterial growth will eventually lead to decay, infection, and tooth loss.
Reasons to Have Your Teeth Cleaned Professionally
While brushing and flossing at home are a critical part of better dental and oral hygiene, a regular check-up and teeth cleaning at Perfect Hollywood Smile will ensure that your teeth are clean and healthy. Here are reasons to have your teeth cleaned by a dentist or dental hygienist:
- Having a professional clean your teeth prevents gum (periodontal) disease and early or premature tooth loss.
- If you have dental insurance, this will help you save money over the long term.
- It’s easy for our dentists to identify problems such as broken fillings and chipped or cracked teeth during a professional check-up and cleaning.
- One American dies from cancer of the mouth or tongue every hour, but it can be detected early enough, during a professional cleaning.
- Our office can assist in making financial arrangements to cover any procedures you may need, if the dentist discovers any problems during the exam and teeth cleaning.
- Professional cleaning will remove most of the discoloration and staining.
- Research has proven that there is a strong connection between cardiovascular disease and periodontal disease.
During your check-up and cleaning, your Perfect Hollywood Smile dentist will have the opportunity to compare the current state of your gums and teeth with prior visits. If they find that you are no longer moving in the proper direction, immediately intervening will enable them to get you back on the right track to better oral health.
For additional information regarding professional teeth cleaning or any of our other dental services, please contact Perfect Hollywood Smile today.